The Valley of the Gods
Þórsmörk Day Tour
About this trip
On this adventure into majestic Þórsmörk Mountain Range, we start by driving our modified 4×4 Super Jeeps along the south shore making our first stop at Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where you will have the opportunity to walk behind the 65 meter (213 feet) high waterfall.
As we continue from Seljalandsfoss waterfall into Þórsmörk, we will make our way along rough mountain tracks and cross approx. 10 glacial rivers.
On the way we will stop at Gígjökull glacier and then it is optional to stop and hike into either Merkurker, Naurhúsagil or Stakkholtsgjá. In Þórsmörk there are many marked walking paths, ideal for short hikes.
In Þórsmörk there is a view to Eyjafjallajökull volcano and Mýrdalsjökull glacier, which is the home of Katla volcano.
- Year around
- 8-9 hours
- 8:00 or by request from Reykjavík.
- Pick up also available from Hveragerði, Selfoss, Hella, Hvolsvöllur and various hotels in the area.
- Are not included – Can be be provided if pre-ordered or they can be bought on the way.
- Private Super Jeep tour
- 1-6 passengers per vehicle
- Free pickup at your accommodation
- Private tour = ISK 129.900 (Total, not per person)
Remember to bring your camera, warm clothes, rain gear and sturdy shoes on all trips!
Request a booking
We reserve the right to alter the itinerary according to weather and road conditions.
Cancellations must be made 12 hours prior to departure.
No shows are fully charged.