A Highland Paradise
Landmannalaugar Day Tour
About this trip
On this adventure into majestic Landmannalaugar, we start by driving our modified 4×4 Super Jeeps along the south shore, through Þjórsárdalur valley, passing Hjálparfoss waterfall. As we enter the highlands, there are many active and inactive volcanoes, black sand, lava, craters and geothermal areas on the way to Landmannalaugar.
We stop at Landmannalaugar for 2 hours where you can go for a short hike, see the rhyolite mountains, with their multi-coloured shapes and sizes. Afterwards, you can relax in the warm natural pool next to lava field.
On the way back there is an optional stop at Ljótipollur (crater lake) and Hekla volcano where the landscape has been shaped by centuries of volcanic activity. Hekla is the most active and probably the most famous volcano in Iceland. we will drive through the fertile farmlands of southern Iceland to Reykjavík.
Don’t forget to bring a swimsuit and a towel!
- Mid June through late November
- 9-10 hours
- 8:00 or by request from Reykjavík.
- Pick up also available from Hveragerði, Selfoss, Hella, Hvolsvöllur and various hotels in the area.
- Are not included – Can be be provided if pre-ordered or they can be bought on the way.
Price per vehicle
- Private Super Jeep tour
- 1-6 passengers per vehicle, 1-4 for comfort
- Free pickup at your accommodation
- Private tour = ISK 169.900 (Total, not per person)
Remember to bring your camera, warm clothes, rain gear and sturdy shoes on all trips!
If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet please let us know as soon as possible.
Book your adventure now!
We reserve the right to alter the itinerary according to weather and road conditions.
Cancellations must be made 12 hours prior to departure.
No shows are fully charged.