Feel the Forces
Eyjafjallajökull Day Tour
About this trip
On this great adventure to majestic Eyjafjallajökull glacier that erupted in 2010, we begin with driving our modified 4×4 Super Jeeps along the south shore making our first stop.
From Seljalandsfoss waterfall our drive takes us towards the Eyjafjallajökull glacier, begining with driving up the great Hamragarðaheiði mountain. From there we will start the Super Jeep climb on rough tracks towards the glacier. On the way we will pass many old volcano craters before reaching the glacier. When we reach Goðasteinn rock, we can look down into the crater that erupted in 2010. The views there are magnificent over the south coast of Iceland as well as to the great volcanoes surrounding f.ex Hekla volcano.
On our way back we wil make a stop Seljalandsfoss waterfall where it will be possible to take a walk behind the waterfall while your driver makes the Super Jeep ready for the drive back to Reykjavík.
- From January through May
- 8-10 hours
- 8:00 or by request from Reykjavík.
- Pick up also available from Hveragerði, Selfoss, Hella, Hvolsvöllur and various hotels in the area.
- Are not included – Can be be provided if pre-ordered or they can be bought on the way.
Price per vehicle
- Private Super Jeep tour
- 1-6 passengers per vehicle
- Free pickup at your accommodation
- Private tour = ISK 129.900 (Total, not per person)
Remember to bring your camera, warm clothes, rain gear and sturdy shoes on all trips!
Request a booking
We reserve the right to alter the itinerary according to weather and road conditions.
Cancellations must be made 12 hours prior to departure.
No shows are fully charged.